When it comes to furniture, the saying “they just don’t make it like they used to,” often applies. Much of today’s store-bought furniture lacks the quality, detail, and construction of the pieces from yesteryear. However, following years of use, even the highest quality antique or heirloom furniture pieces can show wear and tear. If you’re tempted to throw your worn or broken antique furniture away—think again. The furniture repair and restoration experts at The Woodworks, Cormack’s woodworking division, can restore your furniture to its original glory.
Antique Furniture Repair NH, ME
Much of today’s antique furniture has been passed down from generation to generation, making them precious family heirlooms. If your furniture is worn or broken, it’s important to bring it to an expert who can restore and repair it, while preserving the integrity of its original design and construction. Our shop foreman, Simon Thomas, has over 30 years of experience carving, designing, building, and repairing furniture throughout the world—so your cherished pieces are in good hands.
- Each piece of furniture we restore or repair is carefully disassembled and labeled for proper reassembly.
- Layers of paint or stain are hand-stripped as needed.
- Wood is hand-sanded and stains and finishes are custom-blended to create the proper color and appearance.
- Our team of skilled woodworkers will reproduce any missing or broken pieces, carefully matching the original wood type and grain.
- All hardware—including knobs, pulls, hinges, etc.—is cleaned and refinished, or replaced if needed.
Expert Furniture Restoration
The Woodworks can restore virtually any piece of furniture, so you can continue to enjoy it for years to come. No project is too large or too small.
- Broken or Missing Wood Pieces
- Water Damage
- Loose or Weakened Parts
- Broken or Missing Hardware
Furniture Restoration and Repair in NH’s Lakes Region, White Mountains, and Northern ME
If you have worn or broken furniture, contact our furniture repair and restoration experts. Our experienced team can repair and restore virtually any piece of furniture to the way its original maker intended it to be.